Volunteers: Night To Shine 2020
Dates & Times
Feb 7, 20205:00pm - 9:00pm
Buddy to an honored guestFree101 remaining
Parking AttendantFree1 remaining
Food Prep and ServiceFree1 remaining
Security and SafetyFree2 remaining
Set UpFree1 remaining
Tear DownFree17 remaining
Limo LineFree2 remaining
Trash HelperFree4 remaining
WE NEED YOU TO SERVE!!
Night to Shine is an unforgettable prom night experience, centered on God’s love, for people with special needs ages 14 and older. Night to Shine celebrates the uniqueness of each individual guest by providing an unforgettable night where they are welcomed, valued and loved!
On one night, February 7, 2020, churches from around the world will host Night to Shine for thousands of honored guests and we are grateful to host in the Hampton Roads area.
Trinity Church Princess Anne Campus
Princess Anne YMCA
2121 Landstown Road
For Night to Shine to be successful we also need A LOT of hands on deck! Are you interested in serving during the actual event? The event runs from 6-9pm but we will need all different shifts of volunteers.
We need you to register for an available position that suits you below: (No experience required!)
1. Buddy to an honored guest (Be a host to one honored guest the whole evening!) [Volunteer 4:30pm-9:30pm]
2. Parking (Direct parking and welcome guests) [Volunteer 5pm-6pm]
3. Food (Help prep, serve, clear and clean up dinner service to guests) [Volunteer 4:30pm-9:00pm]
4. Security/Safety (Are you an RN or an MD?) [Volunteer from 5pm-9:30pm]
5. Greeter (Welcome Team, Help manage event flow) [Volunteer from 5-9:00pm]
6. Set up (Not available for the actual event or interested in transforming the event space?) [Volunteer from 10am-?]
7. Tear down (Event tear down) [Volunteer from 9:00pm-10:30pm]
8. Coat check (Take guests coats and hand them back out) [Volunteer from 5:00pm-9:30pm]
9. Flowers (Handout and secure corsages and boutonnieres) [Volunteer from 5:00pm-7:00pm]
10. Check In (Check in Volunteers and Guests) [Volunteer from 4:00pm-7:00pm]
11. Shoe shine (Shine guests shoes) [Volunteer from 5:00pm-7:30pm]
12. Limo line (Host and manage guests for Limo Rides) [Volunteer from 5:00pm-9:00pm]
13. Trash Pick-Up/Bathroom Checker (Help collect trash throughout the evening and take to the dumpster behind the YMCA. Check-In on the bathrooms to assure they are looking clean and presentable.) [Volunteer from 5:00pm-10:00pm]
Registration closes December 31st
Because the event is tailored to minors all volunteers must have a completed and passed background check run or have a recent one on file.
MANDATORY MEETING: Wednesday, January 22nd from 6:30-8pm at the Princess Anne YMCA.
Questions? Please call (757) 275-6385.